Home » Step 1 » Got my score today..THANK YOU UWorld!
dada72330667 (Posts 1) - 2/17/2010 10:18:08 PM

U World really made a big big difference, I think...

I got a 246/99...yay! The questions in Uworld were really high-yield. I recommend thorough reading of Kaplan books + First Aid + UWorld (Self assessment 1, then Qbank, then self assessment 2.

DiDi63029180 (Posts 1) - 2/17/2010 11:11:33 PM

dadoctorwho wrote:

I got a 246/99...yay! The questions in Uworld were really high-yield. I recommend thorough reading of Kaplan books + First Aid + UWorld (Self assessment 1, then Qbank, then self assessment 2.

And dont forget NBME's...

DiDi63029180 (Posts 1) - 2/18/2010 1:12:53 AM

dadoctorwho wrote:

Congrats!! I got my results today too.. very close to yours actually.. 241/99.. AWESOME!!

dada72330667 (Posts 1) - 2/18/2010 1:17:42 AM

DrHouseMD wrote:
dadoctorwho wrote:

Congrats!! I got my results today too.. very close to yours actually.. 241/99.. AWESOME!!

CONGRATS to the both of us! I didn't really do any NBMEs. I found UWorld really sufficient. Good luck with Step 2!

DiDi63029180 (Posts 1) - 2/18/2010 2:41:20 AM

dadoctorwho wrote:
DrHouseMD wrote:
dadoctorwho wrote:

CONGRATS to the both of us! I didn't really do any NBMEs. I found UWorld really sufficient. Good luck with Step 2!

Haha yeahh.. Thanks! Wow dude.. that was pretty brave.. You're right.. I bow one knee before UWorld.. Don't know what I would have done without them..

stst94208193 (Posts 1) - 2/18/2010 4:42:05 PM

Congratulations to both of you guys!

dodo29325922 (Posts 1) - 2/19/2010 10:33:49 AM

hey guys first of all congrats to you all, i have a question for all of you please, when i do UWorld questions i get around 60% with each block, now i wana compare that with you guys, like what did you guys use to get when you did uworld question, cause right now i am very very nervous that 60% is very bad. please kindly reply

susu21771141 (Posts 1) - 2/19/2010 12:27:20 PM

docmalu- your percentile is displayed in your own block, also check the analysis. 60 % is certainly not bad! Get better by 6-7 % and you are in the 90's. All the best.

DiDi63029180 (Posts 1) - 2/19/2010 11:50:18 PM

surewill wrote:
docmalu- your percentile is displayed in your own block, also check the analysis. 60 % is certainly not bad! Get better by 6-7 % and you are in the 90's. All the best.

Thank you so much guys for your wishes.. docmalu.. I agree with surewill.. I had an overall 69%.. If you can bump it up over 65%.. you are in the 90s..
Make sure you do UWorld Assessments and/or NBME's to see your strengths and weaknesses.. focus totally on your weaknesses but dont totally forget about your strengths.. My weakest subject was Behavorial Science which was not a surprise because it is challenge for the majority.. I religiously reviewed Behavorial over and over.. and guess what.. That became one of my highest performing subjects on the exam.. I had a star next to Behavorial Science which means above the scale of excellence.. I couldn't believe it.. All my NBME's said that was my borderline performance subject.. Hard work pays off guys.. I postponed my exam 2 weeks to go over behavorial well.. and it paid off.. I don't regret anything.. The key to scoring high in USMLE is to focus on what theyre asking.. They will try to mislead you by making you think its one disease but its usually one word or sentence which makes it the other disease among the differential diagnoses.. Try it out when practicing questions.. You will definitely feel the nirvana.. Good luck guys.. Don't aim in the center in this case.. Aim high and you will hit the target.. haha

pages: 1